PSC Russian-language – Line Producer/TV/Video Editor
VOA’s Russian Service is looking for a dynamic and creative multimedia journalist to carry on the Service’s mission of informing, engaging and connecting our Russian-speaking audiences.
The incumbent serves as a line producer in the Russian Service of the Voice of America, with responsibility for performing a variety of broadcasting assignments. These assignments include line producing live and pre-recorded television programming, preparing broadcast elements and producing and video editing broadcast-ready TV packages and elements.
- Works with managing editor and executive producer to conceive, develop, and implement major program projects and new approaches to programming with the focus on development of innovative television programs
- Participates in the development of daily TV programming and materials for the Russian Service television programming. Contributes to other projects to increase program efficiency and effectiveness
- As assigned, (line) produces live and prerecorded airshow segments and special event programming
- Uses digital content management systems to create TV rundowns, manage digital assets such as videos, photos and sound. Material produced is of competitive quality equal to any commercial broadcast medium
- Supervises selection of all visual materials including opens, closers, bumpers, roll-in packages, graphics and Chyron information, set design, graphic look, music selection, and live and pre-taped elements of assigned productions
- Orders all live remotes for daily broadcast. Interfaces with Broadcast Operations and TV Traffic to ensure all requirements are met
- Monitors incoming wires, news and video feeds to identify relevant information and update the online content or programming materials
- Keeps abreast of the media climate in the target region to ensure the competitiveness of multi-media programming in the marketplace
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with team members, VOA colleagues and with groups of individuals providing information or interviews for programs
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong journalistic standards and ethics
- Thorough knowledge of broadcast and digital media journalism
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary, idiomatic Russian and English. Ability to render information in concise well formulated and easily understood Russian language
- Knowledge of contemporary production techniques, including practical skills in video reporting and production, use of social networks, as well as knowledge of copyright law, privacy protection, etc.
- Professional knowledge of all aspects of reporting and producing for multiple platforms. This knowledge is used to conceptualize and design productions for multiple platforms where there is no established format or where obstacles exist to traditional approaches and the program content and treatment of the subject is left largely to the discretion of the incumbent
- Demonstrated skill as a videotape editor; preferably Adobe Premiere
- Demonstrated skill in the use of content management, social media and video/ audio/graphic editing and publishing online
- Understanding world news events, with a special focus on U.S. foreign policy toward Russia and countries with significant Russian-speaking population
- Knowledge of the targeted area, its history, economics, culture and socio-political development
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic objectives and program policies of the Voice of America in order to develop and produce news and feature content consistent with these objectives and policies
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pressure, breaking news control room
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Please submit your resumes to VOARussianVacancies@voanews.com.